El Chalten

found my hat this morning , on the floor, walking down the stairs, still like a kid, head hurting but not wanting to miss anything so up what I think is early......after last night...so much wine...cooked for 9( pasta with puttanesca sauce--yes on the anchovies, grilled chicken, bruschetta, and flambe apples as the hostel looked on)... demoed a proper steak deal for a dutch guy, .gave some of the apples to the lady working the desk ...butter her up as the wine flowed and knowing she will tell us to keep it down--which she did do, politely before she left...... did a 5 hour hike yesterday,,cannot remember the name.....anyhow up we go to lunch in the snow on top of the mountain....nimble fingers enabled me to eat my sandwich.........mark `skied` down as I fumbled with my phone trying to take a picture......missed mo course...I ran down to try and warm the body......as we entered the forest I slowly moved ahead as the combo or German and Swiss German gets a bit much after a while....pull away boy pull away....only to wait later on..... went in the room night before last encountered a trap of GIANT suitcases from a quad of chinese....like bouldering for a bunk ..early in the morning 6....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ the sound of a large suitcase being opened,,,,,ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ and closed repeatedly for a SINGLE ITEM EACH TIME FOR AN HOUR.......along with zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzfor the small suitcase......I cannot do the medium, you will have to imagine all of this for an HOUR AND A HALF...I did a demo for the ladies working the desk (unknown to me) and apparently had them in stitches......hostel life 6 in a dorm and you need a map......so on another note.... after a long hike one wants to relax, take it easy, talk of accomplishment and drink beer and eat chips......no problem,,,,,so I get up feeling a little something and thinking a number 2 is on the way....go to the toilet....being a conscientious hostel guy I like to leave no mess, yes, thinking of others, I go to wash the toilet bowl and the brush breaks the round fuzzy thingy gets sucked down, FAST GOES THE HAND before the toilet is plugged...good times..........lazy 23rd today,,,may be a short hike to Lago Capri...a couple more days here and then south to El Calafate...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Karla.